LENGTH: 8 Weeks
WHEN: September 11th, 2023 – November 3rd, 2023
LOCATION: St. Lawrence College – Cornwall
This eight-week program, which is delivered by St. Lawrence College, will provide you with the skills employers are looking for. You will graduate with a clear understanding of the Home Support Worker role as a member of the health care team.
- Includes your tuition and all learning resources.
- Includes financial supports for items such as transportation, childcare and clothing.
- Includes assistance in obtaining employment upon completion of the program and a wage subsidy for employers.
- Foundational Concepts & Principles – Personal Care, Home Management, Health Promotion
- Practice Imperatives of Personal Care – Hands on experience using the simulation lab
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills – Medical Terminology
- Employability Skills
- First Aid/CPR
- Mental Health First Aid / Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches
- Food Handler Certificate
- Safety in the Workplace
- Maximizing Safety in Community and Home Care Settings
- Must be unemployed or underemployed
- Must be a Cornwall/SDG/PR/Akwesasne ON resident
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be 30 years of age or less OR Have a self-identified disability
- Clean, vulnerable record check
- TB vaccination
- Access to a vehicle
- Physically able to perform duties
TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY, CALL: JOB ZONE: 613.933.9675 ACESS: 613.575.2626 GIAG:613.525.1533