LENGTH: 15 Weeks
WHEN: April 24th, 2023
LOCATION: St. Lawrence College – Cornwall
Take the first step towards becoming a General Carpenter. This first-level apprenticeship program is delivered in a 15-week time frame.
In addition to fulfilling the requirements needed to continue in an apprenticeship (pending employer sponsorship), participants will also receive job readiness skills and a paid placement.
- Includes your tuition, hand tools, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and all learning resources.
- Includes financial supports for items such as transportation, childcare and clothing.
- Includes a 12-week paid placement.
- As an MLITSD-funded program, your pre-apprenticeship training is automatically recognized by MLITSD.
- Focus on level 1 Carpentry, as well as an introduction to a secondary trade in welding.
- Develop skills and knowledge in construction safety; construction principles and practice with materials and tools; safe access to structures, health and safety; reading and applications of plans, specifications, and codes; estimating, calculations and layout of structures; building formwork and wall foundations as well as an extensive introduction to metal cutting, welding, and fabrication.
- First Aid / CPR
- Health & Safety
- Working from Heights
- Enclosed Spaces
- Must be unemployed or underemployed
- Must be a Cornwall/SDG/PR/Akwesasne resident
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY, CALL: JOB ZONE: 613.933.9675 ACESS: 613.575.2626 GIAG:613.525.1533