DELIVERY DATE: Ongoing
DELIVERY METHOD: In-person
COST OF TRAINING: Free for eligible candidates
EOTB will assist participants in securing employment. Ongoing coaching is provided to assist with the transition to employment. Mentoring incentives are available to employers who hire our participants. Up to 35 hours/week for 20 weeks of wage subsidy incentive for employers.
Participants will prepare a resume, and targeted cover letter, prepare for an interview, and practice interview skills and job maintenance. To identify skills, attitudes & behaviours needed to enter, stay in, & progress in today’s dynamic world of work and to apply those to the individual’s own situation.
Financial assistance may be available for items such as transportation, daycare, work attire and mental health support.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Must be between the ages of 15-30
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Not in full-time education or training
- Resident of Cornwall, Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, Prescott & Russell or Akwesasne ON
- Must be a Canadian citizen, refugee or permanent resident who is legally entitled to work in Canada
Candidates should call Job Zone d’emploi 613-933-9675, Glengarry Inter-Agency Group 613-525-1533, Centre de services à l’emploi 1-800-668-5950 or Akwesasne Career & Employment Support Services 613-575-2626